Everything that we do is with the aim of providing top quality, educational and fun outdoor experiences. The majority of our programmes at the two Centres are 5 day courses for year 9 -13 students, however we also run very popular programmes for Intermediate students. For teachers and parents wanting more details, please visit our Schools section. Click here for an overview of our Events Series.
We also offer programmes for:
- Tertiary students – we offer NZQA-approved 1-year full time courses
- Holiday Programmes for 14-18 year old students – our two centres offer regular school holiday programmes
- International students – many schools take advantage of sending their international students along to our dedicated international student week, however we are happy to arrange programme participation with individual international students if they contact us directly
- Students on Long immersion programmes– both our Great Barrier Island and Tongariro Centres offer these for schools wanting a more in-depth outdoor education experience, e.g. 5-week programme.
- National Events for students and adults
- People that need up-skilling in the industry – our comprehensive industry training courses are suitable for any leader taking groups outdoors
- Risk Management Training for people working in outdoor related fields
- Skill building for outdoor activity enthusiasts – from rock and kayak skills through to river safety and alpine know-how, whether you are a beginner or intermediate level, we have courses to build your expertise
- Adventure programmes for adults and families – short programmes that are tailored to groups with similar interests and adventure requirements, e.g. Ladies weekends and family weekends. These can be run from a range of Hillary Outdoors facilities to suit your accommodation and catering requirements
- Team building and leadership – whether you are a corporate with a group of employees, a management training organisation or consultancy, a government department, or a sports team, we welcome any group interested in professional leadership and team development training. Our Leadership Centre facilities and services are ideal for an intensive course or retreat. We are completely flexible about how much we get involved in your programme versus providing the facilities for you to “do your own thing.
- Groups with other needs – talk to us about tailoring our courses to your needs.