Great Barrier Island 21-26 January 2018
Tongariro January 21-26 January 2018
Set your student leaders up for a great 2018 with our new programme designed specifically for students that are taking a leading role at their school. Whether students have been elected as head girls/boys, prefects, school board of trustee representatives, heads of sport or culture or simply recognised as having great leadership potential, this programme will equip them with the skills they need to get off to a flying start for the coming year.
Students will develop skills and knowledge in:
- Different leadership styles and selecting an appropriate style for the situation
- Their personal leadership strengths
- Self-leadership; maintaining their best self when challenged or under pressure
- The role of social courage in leadership
Choose from either of our Centres depending on the date and location that suits. You can even send some students to one Centre and some to the other. There is no minimum or maximum number of students you can enrol…total places are limited and bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis. This programme is designed for students in Years 11 – 13.
How is this leadership programme different?
Our core school programmes include leadership as part of the learning outcomes, however students attending this programme will come away with a completely fresh experience even if they have attended one of our programmes before because the primary focus is on leadership. Students will learn about leadership both in theory and practice! Here are some key benefits of this programme:
- Practical, challenging leadership experiences for each participant
- 1:1 feedback for participants on their own leadership strengths and challenges (forming a leadership action plan)
- Feedback for each school on their leaders strengths and their leadership action plan
- Modular sessions to meet different leadership roles/needs
- Opportunity for students to refine their communication and group presentation skills
Students will be developing leadership skills in groups made up of individuals from various schools; therefore students from the same school will not be able to remain together as a unit for some of the programme.
Programme costs and dates
With the generous support of Pub Charity, we are able to deliver this specialised programme at the cost of $300 inc. GST per student (all costs covered except transport). It is not essential for schools to send accompanying teachers, however there are a limited number of places available for teachers where the fee will be waived in exchange for helping out with duties. Fee for additional adults will be $300 incl. GST each (excluding transport).
Great Barrier Island: 21 Jan to 26 Jan 2018
Tongariro: 21 Jan to 26 Jan 2018
Register your interest by clicking button below!
Registrations must be via schools only (i.e. individuals must be nominated by their schools to attend).
Complete the registration details by clicking button below and we will email you the information you need to secure places for students, including how to pay, transport options, the programme for the week and booking/medical forms etc.
Any questions, please get in touch here.