Before you are a leader, success is all about growing yourself. When you become a leader, success is all about growing others. - Jack Welch.
Student leaders in Years 11 – 13 are set-up for a great year through our programme designed specifically for students who are taking a leading role at their school.
About the Pub Charity Student Leadership Week
Whether students have been elected as head girls/boys, prefects, school board of trustee representatives, heads of sport or culture or simply recognised as having great leadership potential, this programme will equip them with the skills they need to get off to a flying start for the coming year.
Individuals must be nominated by their schools to attend and there is no minimum or maximum number of students that can be enrolled per school – although places are limited.
Students will develop skills and knowledge in:
- Different leadership styles and selecting an appropriate style for the situation
- Their personal leadership strengths
- Self-leadership; maintaining their best self when challenged or under pressure
- The role of social courage in leadership
How is this leadership programme different?
Our core school programmes include leadership as part of the learning outcomes, however students attending this programme will come away with a completely fresh experience even if they have attended one of our programmes before because the primary focus is on leadership. Students will learn about leadership both in theory and practice. Here are some key benefits of this programme:
- Practical, challenging leadership experiences for each participant
- 1:1 feedback for participants on their own leadership strengths and challenges (forming a leadership action plan)
- Feedback for each school on their leaders strengths and their leadership action plan
- Modular sessions to meet different leadership roles/needs
- Opportunity for students to refine their communication and group presentation skills
- Opportunity for students to meet and network with school leaders from other schools