Think 'The Amazing Race' crossed with school sports day and you end up with something like the Torpedo7 Get2Go Series!
A great entry level adventure racing event for Year 9 and Year 10 school students. The Torpedo7 Get2Go Series combines fun, outdoor adventure activities like orienteering, kayaking, stand-up paddling, mountain biking and a little bit of problem solving, into an action-packed event for students of all fitness levels and experience.
There are 12 challenges in the series held in regions around the country from Whangarei to Queenstown.
NO prior experience is necessary but you DO need to be ready to give exciting new activities a go! You can be as social or as competitive as you like.
Here is what you need to know
- Teams of 8 represent their school(s) in one of four categories; All Girls, All Boys, Mixed, and Mixed Premier (4 girls/4boys). Teams can be a mix of year 9 and 10 students. ONLY teams entered in the Mixed Premier category will be eligible for a place in the National Final.
- A maximum of two schools may join together to form a team (this applies to ANY school and can include single gender and co-ed schools joining together).
- Schools may enter an event in another region if there are places available, however they will not be eligible for the National Final.
- At each regional Get2Go event teams need to undertake either three or four 60-80 minute challenges in an allotted time. To maximise their score in each challenge teams will be required to work together, using important team skills such as communication, problem solving, planning and decision making.
- The regional events generally run between 8.30am and 3.00pm and teams need to arrange their own transport to all of the challenges on the day. More information will be sent to your Team Manager one week before.
- Unlike a lot of other school sport, the Torpedo7 Get2Go events are hardly ever cancelled. We may need to modify, or possibly even cancel parts of a challenge if the weather presents a safety risk but we think that playing in the wind and rain can be just as much fun as a warm sunny day (as long as you are dressed appropriately).
- There is a limited capacity of 24 teams at each regional Get2Go event, with teams taken on a first in, first served basis. Don’t miss out – register early!