“One of the greatest gifts you can give is your time.”
Volunteering is an amazing opportunity to learn new skills, contribute to a good cause, meet new people and make a difference. We may have opportunities at our Centres – Tongariro or Great Barrier Island, at our Auckland Office, or at one of our many Events. Check back here for updates.
Remember…to be a volunteer at Hillary Outdoors, please note the following:
- You must be over 18 years of age
- Due to the length of time it takes to induct staff at Hillary Outdoors we need a volunteer to be able to commit to a minimum of 3 weeks work
- Volunteers from overseas must have a valid work visa for New Zealand, as well as medical and travel insurance.
An exciting opportunity for up and coming outdoor instructors! If you have either a Tertiary qualification in outdoor studies or have plenty of personal experience but need some work experience to get on the career ladder, then why not volunteer as an intern at the most iconic outdoor education centre in New Zealand!?
- Gain work experience alongside our full time staff on a variety of courses
- Have an opportunity to join in on some of our skills courses
- Have access to equipment to play in our amazing local environment
- Live and gain work experience alongside a crew dedicated to working and playing in the outdoors
- Work towards national qualifications, both NZOIA and Skills Active
Our Internship intake usually takes place in February/June each year and lasts 5 months. There are 4 places available per intake based at our Tongariro Centre. Intakes for 2021 have now closed – our next Internship intake will be in June 2022.
You can submit an Internship application here.
- This is a voluntary position, NOT a paid position
- Food and accommodation in a shared house in our staff village is provided
- Co-instruct and Centre support role