10 ways you supported our Annual Appeal
Annual Appeal 2022 – that’s a wrap!
We launched our first-ever Annual Appeal this year and we are so grateful for the support and applause of our 50th anniversary throughout the month of September. Together we are making a big impact – empowering youth to grow and connect through outdoor education – thank you!
10 ways your support of our Annual Appeal in September has helped Hillary Outdoors
- You helped us celebrate and acknowledge our 50-year history on national TV and radio including coverage on ‘Seven Sharp’, Newstalk ZB, and ‘Crowd Goes Wild’.
- You helped us raise more than $30,000!
- Your help allowed more rangatahi, who face funding barriers, to experience outdoor learning and adventure, and ultimately enrich their lives
- Your support helped us reach and connect with more of our community on Facebook and Instagram and reconnect with former students and staff
- You helped us purchase essential equipment for core outdoor activities such as kayaking, tramping, and high ropes courses
- Your help ensures that we employ and retain our highly talented and qualified instructors who are essential to the safe delivery of our programmes
- Your support has helped us begin a research project into how to achieve better learning outcomes for Maori
- Thanks to you we have been able to continue to offer our highly regarded Events programme across New Zealand keeping it accessible to all students keen to participate and get involved in these youth focused events
- You helped us provide two scholarships for Maori students to study full-time in our Certificate and Diploma tertiary courses
- Your inspiring story sharing about your own Hillary Outdoors or OPC experiences has reinforced our purpose of ‘empowering people to do extraordinary things – by growing through adventure and connecting through participation’. With your help, we are even more driven to continue to effect positive youth development over the next 50 years!
Thank you so much for your support – we simply couldn’t do it without you!